Who We Are
The International Council of Beverages Associations (ICBA) is an international nongovernmental organization established in 1995 that represents the interests of the worldwide non-alcoholic beverage industry. The members of ICBA include national and regional beverage associations as well as international beverage companies that operate in more than 200 countries and territories and produce, distribute, and sell a variety of non-alcoholic sparkling and still beverages, including soft drinks, sports drinks, energy drinks, bottled waters, flavored and/or enhanced waters, ready-to-drink teas and coffees, 100% fruit or vegetable juices, nectars and juice drinks, and dairy-based beverages.
ICBA and our members have engage regularly in leadership initiatives, including the following examples:
- Worked to develop and provide more beverage options with fewer calories, including more reduced, low- and no-calorie product offerings.
- Further developed smaller portion size options.
- Developed the 2011 ICBA Guidelines on Nutrition Labeling to guide the global non-alcoholic beverage industry in advocating for and providing meaningful and understandable fact-based nutrition information.
- Updated the 2008 ICBA Guidelines on Marketing to Children in 2015 to cover even more programming and marketing communications to children under the age of 12.
- Established the 2013 ICBA Guidelines for the Composition, Labelling, and Responsible Marketing of Energy Drinks to help ensure such products are marketed and labeled responsibly.
- Supported nutrition and physical activity programs, and research and partnerships that advance nutrition science.